- Harlem’s The Strathmore starts showing: condos start at $639,000
- Someone find Don Draper a home: New York apartments for our favorite ad man
- This is the enormous, ripply 1,800-room hotel coming to Miami World Center
- Lobby up: new, Renaissance-y rendering for 150 East 72nd in UES
- New rendering for Tribeca’s Franklin Place by ODA Architecture
Nov 2, 2010
Michael Jordan rocked the world of basketball and now he’s rocking some new home construction.
Spending about $20 million, Jordan is building the most expensive non-waterfront home in Palm Beaches, Florida.
Jordan, considered the best basketball player who ever lived, is building his mega mansion in an exclusive gated community founded by golfing legend Jack Nicklaus called the Bears Club.
The Bears Club has 55 estate residences, with starter estate homes beginning around $4 million up to about $20 million, says Lichenstein, who served on the greens committee at neighboring Admirals Cove, where he lives and concentrates the bulk of his business. It costs $350,000 just to join the private Bears Club.
Jordan’s 3-acre home measures 28,000 sq ft and includes three separate structures: a guard house, guest house and pool house. There is also a wall of trees providing Jordan with a good deal of privacy.
Image courtesy of Jeffrealty.com